View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2005, 08:06 AM

Unhappy Words/tracks breaking up on newly burnt cd's

Hi there
I have a Plextor PSX88T burner which I have been using for a couple of years with no problem. Recently I started having problems with words breaking up while using a karaoke player that belonged to the club I was working in. When I tried the same cd's at home on my own player I couldn't find any problems. I then advised the club to buy a new player which they did. This was a brand new Mr Entertainer karaoke player (although a cheap one) which seemed to play the tracks but still had a few letters missing. I reburnt the cd's that played up on one particular night only to return the following week and find more words breaking. Again I was reburning cd's as quick as I could, some of which were the same cd's being burnt twice. When played on my own player at a gig I have every Sunday there was no problem until about 2 weeks ago where the odd song or two would have missing letters. I am now frustrated as to whether it is the quality of cd I am using, 2 diferent cd player's not working properly or the Plextor writer? I cannot go to my karaoke supplier with this problem because before when I mentioned I was using my own copies they refused to help me. Can anyone suggest where I should go from here? Is there a way I can have my Plextor tested without shipping it to the USA? I will gladly buy more expensive cd's but they have worked fine for 2 years so why play up now?? Would a brand new player be more likely to pick up imperfections on a cd than an older one??
Please help!!!
Sharon