View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singsation View Post
Thanks for the reply, I am too a big fan of Mackie too but the support here makes it a pain to keep enthusiastic. I have had a CFX and like a fool sold it to make room for something else but the 2 stereo inputs were not enough at the time asI use a twin cd player as well. The DFX i had to route some of the channel input to AUX for prefade listening and plug the headphones in that socket so a bit of a pain when running a disco at the same time. I have a studiomaster Horizon and I use it with my EV sx300 and the effects are the best i have heard but it is heavy and I aint getting any younger, hence the Bose L11 for my smaller venues. The sound is great, but it is so loud, to use it for 4 hours my ears are ringing, i love to stand behind the speakers with a foldback monitor for my singers.
I did try a small alesis mixer with usb very good little mixer, effects ok too, I would say better than the Yamaha stuff but i need faders rather than knobs, year of fixing cars has taken it's toll on my hands.
Cheers

i too uses a 2 tray cd player/mixer ( when needed), but i have that plugged into my cd/tape input,as a matter of fact i used it last Sat. for a fund raising, there was a 6 yrs. old boy who can play the drums like a pro, and he needed to use the headphone so he can play the drums over the music..i am ot able to use any board that has usb due to the fact that my laptop has an xp windows media center ..i use my KRK studio monitors for small venues...