View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2009, 05:16 PM

Thanks for the reply, I am too a big fan of Mackie too but the support here makes it a pain to keep enthusiastic. I have had a CFX and like a fool sold it to make room for something else but the 2 stereo inputs were not enough at the time asI use a twin cd player as well. The DFX i had to route some of the channel input to AUX for prefade listening and plug the headphones in that socket so a bit of a pain when running a disco at the same time. I have a studiomaster Horizon and I use it with my EV sx300 and the effects are the best i have heard but it is heavy and I aint getting any younger, hence the Bose L11 for my smaller venues. The sound is great, but it is so loud, to use it for 4 hours my ears are ringing, i love to stand behind the speakers with a foldback monitor for my singers.
I did try a small alesis mixer with usb very good little mixer, effects ok too, I would say better than the Yamaha stuff but i need faders rather than knobs, year of fixing cars has taken it's toll on my hands.
Cheers