View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Blocked From MTU.Community

Sounds cool.

If anyone's interested, Adobe Audition also has had a surround feature
for some time now, though we haven't messed much with it. It supports 5.1 work with a number of features.

It also allows video into Audition in a basic form to be able to do audio for video work. For more extensive video, Adobe has their suite. Audition used to be part of that - which may be why they bought Syntrillium/Cool Edit.

The downside was that with Ver 2, it installs a lot of suite related stuff whether you want it or not, which adds to its overhead. It also has an application called Bridge which allows you to move audio easily (it sez) between its other products. It's apparently a librarian and asset manager.

I can't say, we don't have the Creative Suite.
I just know that the stubs of some of the things it installs (with no option to not install them) took quite a bit of time to run down and were def. clogging the Pent4 2.5gig machine we often run it on. I used a program called Startup Commander to disable them one by one to see what really was/was not needed for running Audition for audio-only work.

With the coming version 3, they seem to have abandoned that approach and are developing Audition more as a non-suite thing. Their newer application, Sound Booth, seems to be more targeted towards the suite user. I think their logic is do basic audio work with Sound Booth integrated into their suite, and use Audition for its strengths in spectal processing, more intensive editing, and multi-track.

More info on their website.