View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2017, 09:53 PM

Re: Not Responding... Oh CRAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
What Im trying to get at, You say (Ran that... hoping that it may overwrite a bad file or something.
No such luck.)

Did it complete all the installation steps including Send to MTU part and still not start Hoster or did it not complete?
Did you see a 1706 error notice and press ignore, if so did the install complete after that Or not ?

If it completes the installation but still wont open Hoster try this.

Find your Hoster data folder. It is normally in a hidden folder at C:\\\\ProgramData\\\\mtu.com\\\\Hoster
(You can try copy & pasting this addess into the browser but change the double backslash for single slashes.)
If you cant find the ProgramData path in Windows 10 you can select to show hidden files and folders under the view tab in explorer.
If you open the Hoster folder find the Songs.mdb right click on it and rename it Something like Songsold.mdb close the Hoster folder then see if hoster opens. If it does you may have to rebuild the database.
I think that is the most likely problem that the database is corrupted so re installing another version wouldnt help.
yes, it completed the installation, including sending information to mtu and the error 1706. Everything LOOKS like it installed fine. But when I start Hoster, I get the splash screen, then the main screen, then the lyrics window and then it just sits there. if i click on anything, i get the not responding message from windows.

I just tried renaming the songs.mdb. When I start hoster, I can see where it created a new songs.mdb but the program still freezes.
I then tried singers.mdb. That didnt work either...