View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2007, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicman144 View Post
Just my opinion, but, you can take just about any type mixer and get a good sound if you have the speakers to match up. We can argue the pros and cons of all mixers and never agree. The best mixer won't get good sound without quality speakers, but a cheap mixer can get good sound with high quality speakers. Each mixer has its own little things we like and dislike. Sometimes we buy the name, "Allen & Heath, Mackie", Etc., but that doesn't guarantee you will get good sound. It is a combination of Mixer, effects, sound processors and quality speakers and you must add a person with a little sound knowledge to the mix.
Just an opinion
muzicman

i kinda agree and dis-agree with you.. i have tried a few boards outhere..and im kinda partial to mackies i've used behringer for a few days and plugged in my mackie powered speakers.the sound quality is not not that great.even with my processors plugged in ( BBE sound maximixer , 266 DBX compressor /gate, MPX Lexicon 100 dual channel proc. and an Aphex Aural Exciter ) i've tried the Boise tower speakers in which in my opinion is great for playbacks not for vocals..but anyway its just my opinion, and i agree with you , you have to have a bit of knowledge to do a mix..