View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2017, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Re: two laptops with hoster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrahn View Post
WaltR,

In my posting on this thread, I indicated how I transferred the information from my HOSTER folder from my MAIN computer to my BACKUP computer after I edited my song database to eliminate duplication and spelling errors, so my SongBook could be up to date. I only have 3,673 songs, but it takes over two hours to copy the HOSTER folder onto my thumb drive, in order to transfer it to my BACKUP computer using my method.

I followed your suggestion doing the backup and then recover, but before I replace my BACKUP HOSTERr folder, I need to know your method will do what I want it to do. Im just not sure.

At the same time, my MASTER HOSTER Folder has lots of files added over the years which Im sure I dont need, so what are the files and folders that I must keep in order to replicate my MASTER?

Thanks,
Wes
What size is your Hoster folder ? Mine is only about 60 Mb. Takes only seconds to copy.

The only reason I can think why yours could be that big is if you save your music files inside that Hoster folder.

Its normal practice to save your music files to a separate folder.

Im not saying the Backup/Restore feature wont work cant think why it wouldnt. It was intended just to copy all the settings and the song and singer databases, Playlists, Instubuttons. also all the Hoster registry settings.
When you just copy the Hoster folder it does not copy the registry files so that is an advantage with the Backup/Restore feature especially if you have a lot of instabuttons setup, also it compresses it so taking up less space.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.