View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2017, 11:22 AM

Re: two laptops with hoster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltR View Post
Are you actually editing the songs on your drive when you say data base or are you editing the songs in Hoster via the edit page? If it is the later, once you have completed your editing in Hoster go to the \\\"help\\\" column in Hoster, click on \\\"backup/restore\\\". Hoster will shut down and open a default window where you can name the backup and save it where you want. I suggest saving it on a thumb drive. Place the thumb drive in your second computer, open Hoster, click on the \\\"help\\\" column as before, click on \\\"backup/restore\\\" and again Hoster will shut down and go to a default window. From there select the backup file you placed on your thumb drive and click on restore. When it completes your second computer with Hoster will match the first.
WaltR,

In my posting on this thread, I indicated how I transferred the information from my HOSTER folder from my MAIN computer to my BACKUP computer after I edited my song database to eliminate duplication and spelling errors, so my SongBook could be up to date. I only have 3,673 songs, but it takes over two hours to copy the HOSTER folder onto my thumb drive, in order to transfer it to my BACKUP computer using my method.

I followed your suggestion doing the backup and then recover, but before I replace my BACKUP HOSTERr folder, I need to know your method will do what I want it to do. I\'m just not sure.

At the same time, my MASTER HOSTER Folder has lots of files added over the years which I\'m sure I don\'t need, so what are the files and folders that I must keep in order to replicate my MASTER?

Thanks,
Wes

Acer 11.6 inch Aspire V-5 Laptop with Win 7 Home Intel Celeron 1007U Processor 1.50Ghz 4GB ram

Acer 15.6 inch Aspire E1-531 Laptop with Win Home 10 64, Intel B960 Processor 2.2Ghz 4GB ram.