View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2004, 10:32 PM

Talking Re: Why too much technology may not be best

First of all, technology is going to happen. MTU will have to go with the times to stay on top of newer technologies. If it means that MTU only sells their products to bar owners then thats what they'll have to do.

Second, it takes a certain passion to run a Karaoke Show right, fair and congenial. If a bar owner wants to hire and does hire someone who will do the job with a passion for a fair price then that my friend will be a part of the times. That means I as a KJ will have to take my equipment somewhere else and convince another bar owner that I can bring in business to his establishment, maybe because Joe Blow is going to lose customers because of his most recent business decision. I also have seen bar owners try to purchase their own systems and run their own shows, but it didn't last long. Mostly in my estimation is because the show loses something with a kj that doesn't know what they're doing (set the sound, etc.) and of course only a few hundred songs to choose from.

If a bar owner really wants karaoke, and he tries several kj's and is not happy with any of them he might be the type to get a wild hair and buy his own system but I don't think any bar owner really wants that. It's our jobs as kj's to keep up with the technologies to help us do the most professional shows we can without getting stressed. Technology is the answer. Keep up with it or just stay with old systems and watch others pass you.

My 2 cents!
Wally