View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Administrator

Re: 2nd soundcard headphone not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Nieves View Post
Then how do you explain the ASIO driver showing up in a DJ windows program as a soundcard driver and not in the Hoster program......Just Asking...

The soundcard ASIO driver is made available by activating it from the task bar Hercules soundcard control panel, where it then shows up as an option in the windows DJ program...and it works..

Hoster does pick up on My Hercules soundcard even though it is Not setup in the Windows Soundcard control panel, so it's not like my Hercules soundcard is some strange cheap non windows compliant soundcard, there are millions of them sold worldwide and at $350.00 it's disappointing, not sure what you mean by "We can't access what Hercules doesn't make available to Windows.", the fact is, it does work in other windows programs...

Look here...
Don't know Joe. It's a good question. To my knowledge we display all hardware "cards" available, but we HIDE all "virtual devices", mostly created by Windows. Maybe this ASIO device is appearing as a virtual device.

We can't diagnose this without a Hercules card with the ASIO interface. Do you have a spare Hercules card we could use? Then we can at least see if the ASIO is appearing as a virtual device.