View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2005, 04:28 PM

Re: I can't stand it

[quote=BigMike]Your saying that me using your CDs, not copys of your CDs is illegal? Would using your equipment be illegal too? What about DJing for you then I am using your music and your equipment and making money off it too. If I DJ for you and add my music to your selection is that illegal? then the next week I need you to fill in for me at one of my gigs. Would it be illegal for you to add your music to the selection while you were there?[/QUOTE=BigMike]

You using either my original or my copies of cd's for a show is file swapping and illegal. You don't own them. You committed the crime, and I abetted it. We both go down. No dumping it on the other guy.

All I own on a cd is the 50 cent piece of plastic it's written on. All I buy is the right to play it for my own use. I own none of the content, which is copywritten. Even regarding the 50 cent piece of plastic itself all I bought is the right to play it, or save it, or destroy it. I cannot duplicate it. That breaks the patent laws.

You using my equipment is not illegal. I own my equipment and am violating no copywrite laws if I choose to lend it out.

If you are DJing for me, I am paying you to act as my agent either as an employee or contract labor, and you can use my equipment and cd's.

You cannot add any of your cd's to my selection unless you are willing to give me the original cd's. They then become my property. Otherwise, it's illegal. The same in reverse if I'm filling in for you.

Take care,

George

Last edited by admin; February 23rd, 2005 at 04:34 PM.