View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2005, 02:19 PM

Smile Re: I can't stand it

I know what you are saying but the law isn't writen that tightly. If you and I were to make a deal that you would work Saturday thru Tuesday and I would work Wedneday thru Friday and we shared our library we could make a case if we had to.

The case would be. If I was using original CDs and had no copies of it and you had Original CDs with no copies. How would it be illegal if you gave me your CDs and I used them and then when it was your turn I would give you your's back and mine and you used them.

If it was a matter of how many backup copies there were then it would be illegal for me to make a backup of my hard drive with my library on it because I had the original and two back ups. the same could be said with you having my music on your hard drive with your music and me having my music and your's on my hard drive. As long as we had that agreement AND we did not overlap gigs. I bet to be safe and legal though we would have to have our music seperated in different folders to prove who's is who's. You know they are not doing THAT!! lol