View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2005, 11:32 AM

I can't stand it

I got to talk about it, This DJ I know got himself set up with a computer program. I know him so I get to pop up there and play with it. I'm not sure what program it is but it is different. The name, that I can't remember, sounded like it was a guy and girls name. Anyway, There are two things about this KJ that bother me.

One, the program was sold to him with 30,000 songs. I love going there because he has almost any song I want to try but it bugs me that this 30,000 song list is being sold to every KJ in my area. There are at least four KJs with the same list. I believe there are more now but I am not sure.

Second, There is still the same amount of down time now as there was before. Before, he would call up the singer, go looking for the CD, call the singer again, singer would come up, then he would put the CD in and start the song. Now, he is not on the stage when the singer is finished, some times he lets the singer come up because they are on his rotation and then they both talk together and figure out what song they are going to sing, he types it in, and the singer sings. I hate dead air, dead air is a bunch of singers waiting to sing. you match that with Dance music with no dancers and it's time to find a new Bar with a different KJ. This guy is a friend of mine but making suggestions to him is taken as an insult so I don't do it.

There is a reason these programs have a list that holds the singes and what they are singing. These programs should eliminate a ton of down time. Yet it seems to give, at least this KJ, more time to mingle.

Just a GRRRRRR session. Hi everyone <wave> I'm finally done entering the CDs and have been enjoying the free time. Soon I will get back into KJing again. Been a while, kept up the music, but not the gigs. I still need to update my music but I'm not that far behind the times. I do have some Maroon 5 lol