View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2012, 05:13 AM

Re: New Years Eve Pay

Actually the length of time i'm there has nothing to do with my pay. A couple of years ago we had such a bad snow storm we had about 10 people in our VFW club, stopped karaoke just after midnight, i still got double pay. I do more freebies then anyone else on the planet....lol I visit nursing homes almost weekly, and do sing-a-longs with the old folks. I also help my church out by doing a jail ministry, and supplying the sound system. I supply all music around here for special events, including fourth of july, also fund raisers for our volunteer fire dept, and organize benefits for the families around here that fall on hard times. Such as those who have lost love ones with no life insurance, and families who have lost their homes by being burned out.

Just recently i had a very nice couple, who sing at my show fall on hard times, by both getting laid off. Their son was getting married and they couldn't afford entertainment for the wedding reception. I of course did the wedding free of charge, also my boss and i went in together and paid for the hall rental. The ladies of the club made all the food. God has blessed me, so i try to pass it along by helping others. I think if i had to do karaoke shows for a living, i'd rather be a hobo. Anyways...thats the kind of community i live in.