View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2010, 01:51 PM

Re: The Lawsuits Have Started In Virgina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrz View Post
Easiest way to win a counter-suit is to do anything you can to avoid being sued by SC in the first place, which shows you are cooperating with the copyright holder who is making the public claim that you may be in violation of their copyright.

Besides, all "just cause" means is they have a witness who claims you aren't running a legal show and they can demand to see your originals. If you refuse, then they do have the right to sue you based on their "eye witness"...
Let's go through this again, The Slepps are private citizens, telling me if i don't allow them to search my personal belongings, they will sue me, and you say I should allow them to do so. Even the police cannot do that. They have to go to the court system and get a warrent. Having a "eye witness" doesn't allow the Slepps to demand to see anything you have, period. Do they have the right to sue based on "eye witness", absolutely, but, they do not need an "eye witness" to so. They still have serve one with a court order. Now who in the world is going to bring a illegal hard drive to court? Seems to me a person could ask what would it take to resolve this, delaying the process and proceed to hide any evidence. But to allow a private citizen to search anything one has, based on a threat to sue, just goes against what i see as one's civil rights in the good ole USA. Not perfect, But the best available at this time.
JMHO
muzicman144