Thread: Newbie question
View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2011, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Nebie question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonPyle View Post
Well it seems you can't move the files in the demo. Makes sense, but it should be noted somewhere. But you guys tell me it can be done once I purchase it, right. I just don't want to be doing work over after I get it..Sorry to here that the book ID's will change, I can live with it, its the wife thats a stickler. For instance, I had the external burner delivered yesterday, she want's it sent back because it's white. The add showed it black and all our equipment is black, and she says there better not be a restocking fee either...lol...Oh well, got to love them, plus shes the main attraction at our shows.
The question would be how have you numbered your songbooks? The BookIDs used by Hoster consists of a root number from 1 up to 99999 plus a 2 digit track number. Thus the first track imported would be 101, then 102 and so on to say 116, then the next disc would be 201, 202,...216.
The full version of Hoster also includes a Songbook creation section, so if you need to reprint your books to match these numbers you can do this within the program.
When my wife and I started out in Karaoke using a player and discs, we numbered our discs 1 through however many we had and printed our books with ID numbers 1-01, 1-02. SO our transition to the BookIDs was relatively painless. All we had to do was import the CDs in the order we had them numbered and of course the track numbers fell into place.