View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2002, 10:30 AM

Thanks for the info.

Mr. LePage,

Appreciate your addition to this post. I assumed that I had to close the record screen after creating a new segment, in order to access and edit the segment in segment view or edit view... I'll give your suggestion a try. Thanks! I work in a similar fashion by putting the machine into input (record/pause). Up until now, I've just been turning my speakers down when I get ready to master each song. Fortunately I work from home and most of my clients are not present when I do their albums. I'd like to stretch out a bit and take my business to a new level so I better try and find some answers to these questions. Can't have clients sitting in the room with that "pop" thing happening!

Let me see if I understand something you mentioned. I record into the computer using the AES input, I monitor using the Analog outputs to my analog mixer. If I were to monitor sending an AES signal from the computer to a digital mixer (via AES), then monitor from that source... the "pop" will not happen? The computer would be Recording and Monitoring using the same mode (Dig- AES/EBU)? Did I understand that correctly?

Final thing, I've read and been told that the breakout boxes will not pass a 24bit signal through the dig ports (AES/SPDIF). Is this true? I'm just trying to get a few confirmations on this, I've been told you can only pass a true 24bit signal directly using the Krystal card dig I/O's. If this is the case, will the breakout box truncate the 24bit signal to 16bits when it sees the 24bit dig source (ex. from a 24bit source - Masterlink etc)? Is there any dithering involved?

That's it!! Appreciate your help and advice. Take care,

Jeff Gudenrath

gudenrath@comcast.net