View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2002, 01:23 PM

questtion about Krystal 1200

Hello,

Had another question that I've been curious about since the day my system was delivered to me. I'm running the Krystal 1200 without a breakout box. When I plug directly into the spdif or aes/ebu input I get a pop (will damage speakers if not careful) each time I initialize to record a new segment. I master into the computer using outboard gear and converters so I'll hit the pause button and then record button to put the computer into input for monitoring. Every time I initialize to record a brand new segment (stereo mix) into the computer it POPS. It's about a 10ms pop that has literally about taken my ears off a couple times.

Does any one experience this problem using just the Krystal Dig I/O's (no breakout box)??? It will not do it if you use a breakout box.

If not, please test this. I have a friend who uses Microeditor as well and we did a test. We unplugged his breakout box and plugged the spdif digital output of the dat player directly into the spdif input in the back of the computer... it did the same thing, POP!!! He runs the Krystal 2400.

I questioned Dave and everyone else early on for the first year, they pretty much blew me off and acted like they had no idea what I was talking about. They have yet to resolve the problem and I just got sick of asking. I work around it by turning my speakers off each time to initialize a new segment, but it's really annoying. I've about had it!! After spending almost $6,000 on this system I would have thought they would have been more helpful, or at least offer me a breakout box to resolve the situation.

Leading into my next question, I might be able to get a hold of a 2 channel breakout box. Is this compatible to the Krystal 1200? Will it plug into the DSP connection on the back of the Krystal card and function?

Sorry for the long post... appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

Jeff