View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2004, 08:30 AM

Right on, Jon.

I've come to believe most problems in this area encountered by the few who have, are harmonic distortion related, and even posted that at one point when testing.

Contrary to what some may believe, there is no such thing as a pure tone. All sound generates harmonics. In most cases it enhances the sound. In some cases it causes distortions.

Some systems amplify this distortion and some don't. It's as simple as that, and it is no slur against the system. As a matter of course, watching this unfold for over a year now, I've come to believe that the more sophisticated the system, the greater the possibility of generating the problem.

I have not had one iota of wobble, etc...ever. No one else in my house has ever been able to hear any wobble, nor have any of the members of my private Karaoke club, when I've sprung a Keyrite processed track on them.

I've come to believe it's because I do not get wrapped up in thinking I must have the crem de la crem(of the moment) sound card. My older Creative Soundblaster's do quite well both pc's. They do what they're suppose to do..give me acceptable sound reproduction.
The paramaters are probably broad enough not to focus on an anomaly such as a harmonic and amplify it, and that's exactly what I believe some are experiencing.

Until proven different by something other than an uninformed opinion, I'll stand on that.

George