View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2004, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Re: Keyrite......

PHRED, as Forum Admin I only have your registered email address. I took that to our MTU customer database and... that email address has never purchased our product.

KEYWRONG, I also took your Forum email to our MTU customer database and... I don't find that email purchased our product either.

Phred and Keywrong, please click the PM button below and email me your name and email address so I can verify you have bought the product, and try to resolve your complaint.

Also, if I may request, both of you please post here specifically which Product number you recently bought. It appears you bought Keyrite 1.400, not the upgrade to 2.008 that fixes your complaint.

Yes, the demo is for Keyrite Pro 2.008. I'm sorry if it was unclear to you. Here is what our sales page states:

A few Professionals complained that Keyrite 1.400 (a home product) didn't sound right to them; there was a quivering in the harmonics, a flatness in the song that was alive before, other distortions they couldn't describe. So, we redesigned Keyrite version 2.008, pleased the Pros, and even kept the simple interface everyone can use. Download our FREE DEMO 2.008 version and see how good your favorite songs can sound.

Keyrite is a VERY POWERFUL digital signal processing tool. We have spent many tens of thousands of dollars developing this with one of the Key change experts in the world. Your complaint is not about "bugs", but about the quality of the processing. Since 99% of our Keyrite customers have been pleased with the product, we had no economic incentive at $39.95 to spend tens of thousands of dollars again to further adjust the 120 parameters and replace the core key change software algorithm.

However, after less than 10 unhappy users kept hounding me (I am surprised you were not among them), as MTU's President, I finally agreed to delay other developments and invest in the upgrade... and raise the price for the Pro version to recapture the extra cost we incurred to improve it for a few users.

I kept the version 1.400 available at the lower $39.95 HOME price for those who didn't care about the difference in quality. Hey, not everyone can hear the same, and not every computer running Keyrite exhibits the problem with 1.400 that you are complaining about.

I'm surprised that you did not complain earlier in our Forums. Everyone else who complained was made a beta tester and helped us develop Keyrite 2.008. I'm sorry you missed out on that opportunity. As George well knows, our Beta Testers beat us hard to keep tweaking the algorithm and parameters until we got them right.