View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2003, 12:25 PM

More Recent DK

Thanks for your observations. Like I said, I have the original DK 1-99. I like the instruments, and the arrangements are good. Sometimes, they change the key from the original. Oftentimes, that is an advantage to me, being a baritone. However, the Pioneers that I have listened to have outshown other versions of the same song when I have compared them. I know noone has mention Music Maestro, but I compared My Sharona between the two. Not even close. There is a place in Orange, CA called PK Laser that sells the pioneers still.

What are all the other DK releases (Millenium, Encore etc.)?? Is that just repackaged 1-99? I would hate to buy a whole set just to get the few new songs. Are there any discs that are particularly filled with new material?

Top Tunes has a lot of good stuff. I recently bought their two volumes of Christmas music, and feel that I won't need anything much else. (The synthesized instruments are apparent, however, to my ears.)

I just made a search before making this post. Unless I am mistaken, the Hot Stuff Pack #1 is made up of several discs that are also part of the SupercoreII pack. (I say this because they have the same songs in the same number order; I don't believe that that is coincidental) There is Hot Stuff 2 and 3. Are those equally good?

I opened this thread hoping to be made aware of these things and help anybody that might need to know. I wish I could change the name of the thread to "CDG brands"

Keep the good tips coming.