View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2008, 04:03 PM

Far as advertising in concerned here is one thing I've done. Bought one of them Blue Tarp Banners, and put on Karaoke and DJ on and listed the days that the bar had it. The bar owner cannot move the day or the hour now. So there is one idea for you that works. Fliers work, especially in the local laundromats, party stores and supermarkets near large housing tracts such as a trailer park. I carry a small stapler and business cards plus fliers where I go. I've gotten a few weddings and general gigs that way. Nowadays I get more business from past clients than any advertising I pay for. Far as local bars, put on a KJ contest and call into the local radio station to announce it sometimes it's surprising some of the local DJs will write it down and mention it every so often. By contests I don't mean the pain in the rear big money things just the local bar, club give out gift certificates for their place we do a regular weekly one and they give out three $20 prizes a week. It is working. But then they run all their tap beer for $1 on KJ DJ nights. Plus food specials. Mostly anything will work if they keep the dates and hours the same.