View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2005, 10:12 AM

Question Re: Newbie question concerning Hoster Backup

Thanks guys for your response.

To answer one question, yes the External Hard Drive will be USB.

My wife is doing a one person show with the laptop. She really doesn't need to have all of her downloaded songs on her laptop, just the ones she wants to sing. BUT, she wants the option to have these songs available in case someone else wants to sing.

So I was thinking that we should probably just move or copy all the songs from the laptop and put them on a external hard drive and keep a copy of only the songs that she wants to sing on her laptop. That would keep her from having to hook up the extrenal hard drive at every show but still give her the option of having a large database of songs in case she needed them stored away in her suitcase.

I probably should have purchased a external hard drive when I was initally uploading the laptop with all the Karaoke CD's and put all of the KMA files on the external hard drive but you live and learn.

Norm, your suggestion makes sense and no I really don't want to buy another hard drive. Norm, with that being said, should I just go by your instructions and move all of the KMA files over to the external hard drive? And in doing this, Hoster (that is running from the laptop) can find the KMA files on the external hard drive.

Thanks a million guys. I never know how much I am behind in computer tech until I post one of these questions!!!

mtchurch