View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2011, 04:07 PM

Re: 2011 Dell Laptop and Video Options

Admin, and DD... A correction first, and then a mea culpa on a forum faux pas.

Oops...! The total time frame of slightly over a minute to import a singer's disc song isn't excessive by any means and not the issue for me... except as to how it seems to always precipitate the momentary glitch/hang up in lyrics and slight hiccup in music problems I've encountered since upgrading to the 4-4.32 versions. That hanging is the problem that's kept me in v3.316 despite the super new capabilities of the latest Hoster versions.

The new v5 demo? I have made test runs on both 'old' machines, the 1.73 l/t and a 2.79 d/t of similar resources, 5 or 6 different times using multiple brand and generic discs each time and I can't get it to glitch at all. Normal performance song alone, or performance song while singer disc song importing, neither has shown any inclination to glitch in any manner. I am mighty excited about that, far out! Will continue testing while I have to wait a couple more weeks to upgrade to v5...

So... my bad for not differentiating initially, but didn't realize until I read Admin's comments on the newer cd/dvd writers that I needed to clarify. The import part of the function/operation itself is very quick.... as are the normal import to database of regular cdg karaoke disc files or .zip mp3+g files. Very nice! It is/was the 'writing kma file' action that is much slower for me in v4.0...4.32 than the same actions are and always have been in v3.316 that I have used for years.

Admin... I will be on top of the or any issue/s with that other company unit. It seems that it should be a crime for something able to do so much to not be able to do so basic an op as import/burn karaoke, etc. I am forewarned, and will advise as needed.

Secondly... I stand self admonished for having committed a forum faux pas by using the name of a possible competitor. It was most definitely unintentional. In my defense, I can only claim the combination of my mostly blondishness and my increasing seniority on the age scale of the human race... and those factors as they apply to my case, so as not to peeve off two other groups, etc., etc. While doing my due diligence, it just flat never occurred to me, and I've been around the forum and a user of four of the MTU products for over 10 years. I should've caught that, and can only assume that I was overcome within my exuberance of finally being able to upgrade my cpu/s. I look forward to a continuing and lasting relationship with MTU and all you forum folks!

Just recently the company I retired from merged with another. One of the perks for retirees was a Very exceptional employee discount, and 100% financing for 6 months interest free on a certain company's products. As a semi-retiree, I just can't pass the deal up and not take advantage.

Dave