View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2007, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonie227 View Post
I went to a show tonight the guy that was running it is a DJ that has been in this area for 20+ years he is a very good dj but about two months ago he added KARAOKE with a "cavs" unit 14000 songs and nothing in the last 2 years Then his external drive wouldn't load discs from the singers
God am I glad I bought HOSTER. DJ's need alot of work to become "KJ's"
The Buddy system of singers doesn't work and roation is what is all about.
To me going from KJ and adding on DJ is pretty easy and I have been doing pretty good for the past few years doing it. You are more down to earth DJ who already knows what people likes to hear and what they do not. To me a DJ is high winded and listens to themselves talk. That is what they do and have always done. Yeah they can go out and get CAVS or Hoster and buy CDG's and import them. They have NO CLUE on how to make a person sound good. They never had to do it before... DJ's pound their music to me that is easy to do... When it comes to being a KJ it is more of an art form. You have to have a good ear... you need to adjust all the time because like every good KJ knows no one sings or sound the same!

Another thing I have noticed is DJ's charge at least $400.00 to add karaoke to their DJ shows. Then they brag they have 1000 plus songs lol. KJ's are very under rated and maybe thats why karaoke is so flooded with many KJ's that give karaoke a bad name. I think a lot of people on the MTU site here are here because they want to be the best they can be and has a company that stands behind them and puts out a product with everything we want!

We need to just as a community work had and keep showing that you can not subsitute a DJ for a KJ by giving the best karaoke show we can. I know that I am willing to help and I do make a good living with karaoke from $250-$300 a weekend night. We have all heard that Alanross gives a heck of a show and I know he is willing to help out.

lets show DJ's we can keep doing one better
Hopefully Hoster 3.316
AMD Athalon 64 X2 4400+ 2.3ghz
ASUS M2A-VM Motherboard
2 - 1GB DDR2 800mhz Corsair RAM
1 - 500 GB SATA Western Digital HD
1 - 160 GB external HD
ATI Radeon Sapphire X1650 Pro Video Card 512MB
Realtek HD Audio

www.downhomekaraoke.biz