View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2007, 12:12 AM

"professional" rate of pay

I would like to make one last comment on this "professional" thing. I don't think the kj talking about the "obnoxious professional singers" that he is so tired of coming to his shows, really understands. This is not a "professional
singer" you are talking about, but just another second rate karaoke singer with a big head and big mouth, and they don't just appear on karaoke night.These are the same types that give the good singers a bad name just as do the bad kj/dj. I don't run a karaoke show, but do one man shows at clubs on the east coast. When i have the chance to catch a friend's karaoke show, or have time on the road, i like to drop by and see what other people are doing. If i have the free time to do a song on someone's karaoke show, i put my slip in, wait my turn, sing my song, thank the audience and the host. i do not say anything else. Most other "professional" (since that is the term chosen to use here) singers i know do the same. Seems to me that most people in this business have forgotten that "It Is About The Music And Song, not us". We are simply messengers that deliver the song, and, fortunately, some deliver the song much better than others. If not, not one single dj/kj would have a job, "professional" or not.

muzicman144