View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2004, 11:53 PM

Lightbulb reimporting songs

I have found that to reimport songs that have incorrect disc information for them in the system can be acomplished by using the windows explorer and finding the appropriat file (normaly "Songlist") and deleting all songs for that disc number. Then go to "Programs Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\Hoster\Databases" and deleting the files called "Songs".
Ounce this is done open Hoster and rebuild your songs database. Then you should be able to reimport them using the correct information. If you delete the bucket file you may find that you no longer have any of the prefilled data when importing but don't worry you can restore it from the recycle bin. I know this may sound complicated but you will soon get the hang of it.
On the second point you make of having a different song come when you inter a song ID#. The only way that I can see this happening is that it was imported with the wrong Song Title information in the first place and would need to be reimported to correct. As this information in your songbooks is derived from the headers from the song file inquestion.

GOOD LUCK

Dale

Last edited by dalegi; May 21st, 2004 at 12:01 AM.