View Single Post
Old June 6th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaza View Post
I have the above cd writer in my pc but it won't copy the graphics properly. Microstudio says it's compatible to read and write CDG but when I play the disk in my cd player the graphics break up. I've tried using different read and write speeds, slowing it down to 10x read and 8xwrite. I then checked on the MTU website to see if this was a compatible writer and it shows - "LITE-ON LTR-24*".
Can anyone please help
I went looking for firmware update on Lite On website and could not find that model. The closest I could find is LTR-24102B. The drive list you refer to was prior to Microstudio version 4. Version 4 changed the drive interface being used to the same one used in Hoster which uses an mmc interface. Older drives will not work correctly.
That said there may be several reasons why the graphics are not being displayed correctly. First I would make sure I had the latest firmware update for the drive from Lite ON. Secondly make sure you have all of the updates from Microsoft by doing a "Custom" update. Third clean the drive.
Are you getting a clean import into Microstudio (correct graphics) or is the import bad too? This can be the drive or the CDG disk (scratched, dirty,etc)