View Single Post
Old September 9th, 2008, 04:42 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrey View Post
Thanks for the tips

Maybe, times are changing and this was so much fun before but now I see so little or no respect from customers and from owners that I do not know what else to do to please them.

Just today my disc provider told me that another karaoke company had closed down operations. I am talking about Legends Karaoke, Sounchoice stopped doing latin karaoke like two years ago and there are a lot of other companies that are limiting new disc releases for example, Pocket Songs.

Feel that what lies ahead is not a bright future.
Times may be a changing, but karaoke is still pretty strong in the world. The manus that aren't playing by the book are getting shut down, this will keep the ones that are stronger. Home machines are getting more popular & will create more that want to sing in front of an audience. Legends is actually Sunfly (at least it was at one point) so they just may have shut down that line.
Karaoke is a changing, I think it's going to the way of downloads which it seems may be the case why some of the 'legit' manus are being slow in production because they have to aquire the proper licensing (just a thought - not fact). If not, well then we'll all be out of a job - although it still won't happen overnight. I don't know about anyone elses show, but mine is not heavily reliant on the 'new' - meaning current on the radio songs, these tend to only be popular for a couple weeks anyway 9 out of 10 times. Most are picking the 70's-90's rock & country from all years, and these are the LOW 20's asking for them.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB