View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2000, 01:38 PM

Do MX2424

I am a long-time MTU user / fan / supporter and silent forum observer, but feel it is now time to chime in. ****o Dave and fellow users. I have been anxiously awaiting multitrack recording capabilities. This is the first I have heard of the possibility of interfacing with the Tascam MX2424, but it seems like a very good option for consideration and would provide the ultimate in flexibility, at least for the way I work. I avoid using my ADAT's when ever possible, but have no choice when it's time to track a rhythm section. I immediately transfer these tracks to MicroSound and proceed with overdubs, vocals, edits, mix, etc. I have a Panasonic DA7, which has machine control for the MX2424. I have been looking pretty hard at replacing my ADAT's with the MX2424, but have not wanted to make a move until I know what MTU is planning to do. MicroSound will always be the centerpiece of my studio. If I understand the proposal, being able to remove the drive from the MX2424 and plug it into the workstation and open the files (tracks) directly into a Project, then count me in. This would answer all of my production prayers and still maintain the options for conventional tracking, location recording, and enable engineers not familiar with MicroEditor to work in my studio.

I'll be the first in line for this one!

PS: I have a MOTU 2408 too, but will make somebody a great deal on it if this proposal flies.