View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2001, 10:34 PM
Administrator

Absolute Perfection... that's a tall order!

We are very concerned about the wobbling sound in KeyRite. The core algorithm used is - to my humble knowledge - the best available in the world. However, when idealism is fitted into reality, sometimes it is no longer ideal.

KeyRite is still young in the marketplace. We have some users very pleased, and others like yourself - probably with better trained ears - are not so happy.

I have now halted the development of Vogone II to go back and rework KeyRite. I have been in business for 30 years and have never once had complaints like we are now receiving. I either have to ignore my clients (God forbid!) or try to meet your expectations. We will try!

Can I ask you for some specifics to help us re-create your wobbling?

1. What processor type and speed are you running?

2. Are there any other programs at all running when you run KeyRite? For example, if there is a screen saver running, MAYBE (that's a big maybe ) it's causing a problem. It shouldn't but we are discovering some very incredible things on the PC today that we would never expect.

3. Do you notice the wobbling with a key change set to the -1 or 1 button? Is it as pronounced as with, say, a -3 or 3 button selection?

4. Can you email us 30-60 seconds of the song you are experiencing the wobbling in? That can be very important for us to re-create the wobbling artifact.

Thanks for your input. We're working on it now.

Absolute Perfection? Any digital signal processing will add some distortion in some audio, no matter how well it is tweaked for a "wide range" of songs. KeyRite is a VERY sophisticated tool that has been tweaked for some audio. We are now considering adding some additional controls to give you - the user - some ability to "tweak" the controls for a particular song. We are starting to think there is no way to cover all songs and instruments with preset tables.

If you can answer the 4 questions above, it will help us.

THANKS! We DESIRE your feedback to make our products better.