View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2004, 04:16 PM

It's unfortunate people are responding to this thread without realizing we're not talking about the previous MediaCloq that only affected the last track. The new version affects EVERY track.

I have Sound Choice 8722, Hits of Rod Stewart - Vol.1, and it appears to use the new security technique. Microstudio won't even play the disc, let alone import ANY track. If I try to play the disc, all the tracks are listed, but selecting any of them only results in a blank, black screen. The disc itself is okay and plays fine in my VocoPro karaoke machine.

I downloaded the trial version of DiscJuggler and it could NOT copy this CD. It reported an error event of "Illegal mode for this track or invalid packet size".

The software could, however, successfully copy discs with the previous version of Media Cloq (the one that only affected the last track). Note, however, you end up with a literal copy (MediaCloq and all).

In other words, DiscJuggler lets you duplicate discs with the previous version of MediaCloq, but you still have to resort to the traditional tricks and workarounds when importing the last track to Microstudio (or Hoster, for that matter). The copy behaves the same way as the original.

But back to the new version of MediaCloq. Unless someone else has had success with this new security feature, it doesn't look like DiscJuggler is the answer for either duplicating or importing.

Please, someone correct me if your experiece is different from mine.

bernie