Thread: Karaoke Suite 4
View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Karaoke Suite 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stublack View Post
I purchased the Karaoke Suite 4 package sometime back, and I noticed that I can upgrade each item, but there is no upgrade for the Suite itself.

I have not used this product in a very long time so I don't know what changes have been made or even if I would understand those changes at this point. I know I'll have to retrain myself on using it. Microstudio 4.006, Vogone 3.30, Keywrite 2.0.1.2 and KHPRO 4.107

I have a few questions before upgrading.
1. Are the CD+g files you create legal to play at your shows?
2. Can I download the Karaoke songs on Amazon and successfully create CD+g songs from there (And will that be legal)
3. It is less expensive to purchase the Suite than do the upgrades (If there is no upgrade for the Suite available). And if I purchase the Suite will I need to remove all the products first to get a clean install, or will it upgrade anyway. Or will I be forced to do only upgrades.
4. Lastly when I tried to open KHPRO it said it could not find an mdw file, I know the file is on a hard drive that I changed the letter on. Will that continue to be a problem for me in the future, It's not a letter I'm willing to change back because of all the work that would be involved. I don't see any other way to open that software at this point. SUGGESTIONS!!!

I am also considering purchasing Songverter.

Thanks, Stu
When you buy the Suite you are getting the 4 programs at a discount because you are buying all at once. That is the only thing buying the Suite does for you. Beyond that it adds all 4 programs to your account individually. So when it comes time to purchase upgrades you have to buy each upgrade individually. The programs don't all get updated/upgraded at the same time, so you normally would not have to buy upgrades for the ones that don't have new versions out. Since it has been a while since you have upgraded I think all of them have been changed since that time so you will need to upgrade them all.
Now your questions:
1. As long as they are for your own use in your shows you should be ok.
2. I am not sure what you are referring to here. Are these Song files with vocals already removed? If so then I don't see why it would be any different for these. Keep your receipts for the sales.
3. Admin would really have to answer this one. However if you bought a whole new Suite, then yes you could upgrade over the old ones. Just be sure to change the registration code as you go through the installation so it will register with the new code.
4. I would ask this question in the KHPro Help section. I am not that familiar with it to answer this. Some of the experts in this should be able to help you. Of course if you upgrade it this should no longer be a problem.