View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2008, 05:55 PM

V2go Go100

So after looking around I get the impression that 'good' CDG players are no longer on the market. That there has been nothing good since JVC. All the business reasons make sense and as a pro-harddrive person I don't particularly care.

That said I am not looking for an industrial player, just one that can be used in a pinch. Hoster is the way to go, but I need a backup plan for when the computer is defunct or unavailable. What I have been using is an RJTech 1900DVX, but it is a joke. It often has trouble reading even new CDGs. I would prefer a CDG player that does not support DVD, but the consumer market doesn't support that. Since there are no winners in the currently-available players market I can't see what an improvement to the RJTech might be.

I did see 2 machines that stated "Next generation Real-time Super Error Correction: Auto Skipping Discs Read Errors, Smooth Playback even when dirty, scratched or slightly cracked discs are being read." While I doubt the claims of the statement I can at least hope that they read CDGs with some form of error correction that players not making this statement don't do.

These machines are:
-V2GO GO100
-Acesonic DGX-106

The near-identical wording of their "error correction" feature leads me to believe the same manufacturer makes both machines.

I have heard of Acesonic and while reviews of their products have not been stellar they have not been abysmal, either.

I have not heard of V2GO and think they must be relatively new. Their web site doesn't say much.

Has anyone heard of this 'error correction' feature providing any kind of improved CGD reads? Any experience with either product?
I need to get something to replace my RJTech as I get the sense it will drop dead at any time. I'd really hate to get something just as bad.