View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2007, 06:49 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryoke View Post
6 days a week contracted in clubs with the seventh day open for weddings and private parties...so 7 days a week unless I can take a Saturday off.

Work a different club each night, except for my We-Th gig which is 2 days in a row.

AND I commute...an average of 80 miles a night.
Wow, I hate to boast the fact again that my longest commute to any one of my three different regular places is less than a mile away from home, and they are all within a half mile of each other, and that I rarely ever have to lug any equipment other than the shuttle. In fact one gig one night, I lost a video card after the first hour, put one audio song on, went home, grabbed the backup, came back, hooked it up; all before the time that one song was over. And most weddings I do are usually at those same places, in the afternoon. I remember a time when I had two weddings at two different places on the same day, one was 11-4; the other 3 to 8, believe it or not there was plenty of time to get both in, then gig that night from 8-12. Then home in bed asleep before 12:30, ran a marathon the next morning from 9 to 12. This situation has occured more than one time too.