View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2000, 08:45 AM
Frequent Member

It's not an either/or

----Having been using only MTU as a workstation with "real" multitracks and "real" mixers lo these many years, I'm not completely up on the multitrack workstation scene....However, from what I can see, THIS IS NOT AN EITHER/OR DECISION.

The MX2424 files can be imported into a number of programs now without the implementation of Open TL...It is very clear that importing into Pro Tools and Digital Performer are simple in the Mac Format, as well as others, and, although it is in progress, noone has implemented OpenTL yet...I don't think there is much stopping files from being imported into MicroEditor RIGHT NOW now from the FAT32 drives as long as you do hand placement in Meditor as far as timecode.....If Broadcast.wav is implemented (and I THINK you can use these as .wav without the time-stamping), then the hand-placement of timecode is gone....Does ASIO have built in timecode support?

Digital Performer is, I believe, an ASIO program and seems to be functional with the SDII files. The question is not compatability with MX2424 or not, but implementation of OpenTL or not....I don't claim to understand what implementation of OpenTL will require, but if you are already intending to implement an industry-standard file handling system then the MX2424 will be compatible in a reasonable way, because that is how it was designed....OpenTL will just make it more transparent.