View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2000, 10:53 AM
Administrator

We are hearing very good things about Tascam's new multi-track I/O hard disk recorder. We will research supporting their format so files can be easily imported and exported to this device. We cannot comment further at this time.

Broadcast Wave File Support - This is a new evolving standard that we will review. So far, MTU has not had enough time to determine the magnitude of the development to implement this.

Open-TL Tascam Support - In my thirty years in business, I have never seen any product "take over a market" in a short period. Usually we all discover shortcomings of each new technology. DATs did not turn out to be the panacea we all "believed" they would be. ADATs were great for musicians who had no money and didn't care about quality. Some customers were demanding MTU support OMF not long ago. We researched this "track structure" and found it basically incompatible with Microeditor's "trackless" implementation. Thus, our core paradigm that gives you the freedom you enjoy, prevented compatibility. We spent thousands of dollars to provide MicroEDL supporting the CMX3600 Edit Decision List, only to have 3 sales. If Open-TL is compatible with Microeditor, and we have enough clients willing to pay for the investment, we will consider it.