Thread: Dipping my toe
View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2005, 07:16 PM

Years ago, I play a bar for tuesday and thursday nights for five years for $125 a night (9:30pm - 1:30pm). The bar was doing between $2000 to $5000 a night. The bar was pack with Singers, Dancers and Drinkers.

So I ask for a for $50 night raise (only after five years) and the owner drop me like that. The owner went through a ton of difference DJ/KJ and even bought his owe gear. I spoke with one of the bartenders about three month ago, and they drop the Tuesday night show, they only have 4 singers a night mostly and no dances and the bar is lucky to do $500 on a Thursday. Bar owners don't usually care about how many songs in your books, how often you update them, how nice your books look and how current you are on DJ music.

The way we do bars another more is $175 for Sundays to Thursday, $200 for Fridays and $250 for Saturdays (hopefully were to busy to be in a bar on a Saturady night). We may start off on a trial period of 6 weeks for $150 a night, then after the trial period their agreement to pay our rate or we move on.

jonny