Thread: Dipping my toe
View Single Post
Old November 9th, 2005, 04:53 PM

um lets start here

so many questions. I personally think there is a got it or dont quality to being a KJ. I have a 10 page booklet about my company and give on to bar owners when I meet them. Batenders dont care so I dont waste the money on them. (I can email my boo and you can see what I mean)

A book of 2100 songs is a very small start. I started with 3,200 and I added over 6,000 songs in my first year. I too had a very nice selection of a little of everything. (that did help) There is a BIG BIG difference between a private free show and a bar gig. The public is very picky and demanding. (not being mean just giving solid honest advice) I would get on the mi and say if I dont have it Ill buy it! People brought me what they wanted to get I wrote it down and boom I am now the fastest growing KJ/DJ in NW Indiana.

Under promise and over deliver...been my modo since day 1.

ROTATION ROTATION ROTATION

Stick to it as much as your stick to your money!!! DOnt let someone give you the im leaving i need to hurry..no you need to hurry back and get one more beer..LOL make em wait if they drink one more that more the bar makes the more the bar make the more you either make or have job security.

I recomend you go listen to some of the guys in the area, listem to thier mic presence, book selection, setup of equiptment and lights everything. and ask local patrons about the guy. pick the customers brains!

send me a private message and ill give you my email and send that book to you and see what happens...