View Single Post
Old December 22nd, 2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Those files may be corrupt for some reason. It may not be corrupted enough to keep it from playing in Hoster, but is is enough to keep Songverter from converting them. My guess would be something is wrong in the header which Hoster doesn't need to read except when rebuilding the database, but doesn't read during play.
Pull them up in the Edit Songs in Hoster then change something like Genre, then change it back and apply. This should resave the header.
I am not sure why you would want to convert them to MP3+G as the KMA is already compressed.
Thanks ddouglass for your input. I’ll try it.

We are offering karaoke since 1995. I love Hoster; it’s the best karaoke software I know.

It turns out that our DJ wants to try mp3+g on his DJ software in order to “speed-up” crowded nights. His claims he would manipulate these files, as he normally does with audio files, mixing them up by genre. This way we’d save up time allowing more clients to sing.

I’m still not quite sure about the idea… I’m aware of all odds… First of all, the imminent risk of all your media. Then, in order to implement this, you’d have to sort the playlist by bpm (altering your normal rotation)… We are not sure how our clients will respond to this medley-style, or to the rotation issue... We’ll see.

Last edited by totis; December 22nd, 2009 at 10:36 AM.