View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2009, 02:42 AM

To: Dale Douglass 02/13/09

Dale,
The MFG your speaking of I am assuming is the manufacturer of the computer, which in my case is Dell, And the drivers are for Microsoft's XP system not for my MTU equipment? You know who manufactured the Hoster system.
My MTU software is in one of my Windows XP computer and the Hoster system is in my partners laptop that we use for our gigs. We have loaded thousands of conventional Karaoke disks into it and never had a problem. When I couldn't get my computer to play a disk that I had just burned, where I received the "Place a disk in the drive" came from, I thought it was probably something in my computer. I went out to my Karaoke room and tried to played it and it worked fine.
I took it over to my partners office, where we keep the Hoster equipment and he tried for three hours and there wasn't any way we could get the system to accept the disk.(I made two copies of the songs. One on each of the computers I have here in my Home. Both disk had the same effect in the Hoster system.)
A question I'd like to get an answer to is: If I rip the songs that are on the disk that the system would not accept and put them in zip files should the Hoster system accept them? I also have a burner that produces .cda files. Should or would those be accepted any easier?

As usual, thanks for everyones help and your expertise in this matter.