View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2009, 01:42 PM

Thumbs down Still no go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Jack if it was an internal bug then a whole lot more people would have this problem and it just isn't that prevalent.
Even you said you have no idea why this error is being caused. And unlike you, I believe enough people have had this error to point to MTU. It's most likely a unique combination of hardware that causes this bug, so that's likely to be a small contingent of users. MTU even admitted it was their fault for not knowing where to store files in Vista...is it really that much of a stretch to think they missed something else?

Quote:
Microstudio and Hoster both depend on outside Windows programs such as Windows Media Player and Internet Explorer to function.
Wow, just one more thing that isn't listed in the requirements! I wonder why so many karaoke programs use Windows programs for their underlying functions instead of doing it themselves and doing it right. The cost of codecs maybe?

Quote:
I know this list is for Hoster but it has helped in the past for some Microstudio problems to so try it and see.
http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/hoster/v...de-hoster4.htm
Just skip the parts that you have already done and do the others and lets see if it will help. You can always undo them later if it doesn't as they are just settings.
Well, I had already done this whole list, but I'll double check and get back to you.

BTW, thanks for trying to help...wish MTU was as helpful (or at least making the attempt).

I'm not against MTU's programmer, just surprised at his/her lack of knowledge in knowing what this specific error means. All he/she says is 'go buy a new sound card with the right specs' but won't tell me what 'right specs' to look for! And I'm also surprised that he/she can't explain why this error pops up WHEN NOTHING IS WRONG & EVERYTHING WORKS JUST FINE (and that's true for EVERYONE that's had this problem). I just want these error windows to go away ;)