View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2007, 11:34 AM

Tested Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Looks like Dale may be out of pocket, so to keep from holding you up I'll answer your question regarding ROXIO.

They are more generally known by the name of their product...EASY CD CREATOR, a burner program.

EASY CD CREATOR 5 has been know to cause problems created by a program in it called TAKE 2, which was removed in their version 6.

Do you have it or any other burner software installed that could possibly causing a conflict? The three most common probably are EASY CD CREATOR, NERO, and PLEXTOR'S own PLEXTOOLS.
OK -- I'm familiar with EASY CD CREATOR.

My friend (who is also having problems with his new drive) and I got together and tried several different things:
1. Put my drive on his computer -- it behaved exactly as it does on my computer. Goes through the entire process until time to write the CD and it aborts.
-- We got his computer to finally read his new drive and then it behaved exactly like mine.
2. He had my old PLEXTOR CDG drive and told me that he had updated the firmware on it. We connected it to his computer (with the upgraded software) and it worked fine. Put it on my computer and it also works fine with my new software as well.

So at this time I have the old drive on my computer and it works fine. My friend plans to return his drive - he's still within the return timeframe, but we still can't figure out why my new one won't work right. (Unfortunately my return time has expired).

We tried everything that was recommended to do with no success. My friend tried to find 'firmware' upgrade for the new drive but couldn't find any.
We're still open for other ideas/suggestions!
Thanks so much!