View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2007, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
When you updated from Microsoft did you do a Custom update or Express update? Express will not work as it does not get all of the updates. Also, have you tried updating the drive firmware as well?

When I did the update I did do the "Custom" as was suggested in previous emails. I did not update the drive firmware ... where would I find that?

This is not required anymore and in fact the drives to day are optimized to run at the higher speeds and don't perform well at the lower ones.

I had the drive set at MAX and then progressively took in down to 4x since things weren't working right.

Have you used the drive with another burn program such as Roxio to make sure the drive is good?
No - pardon my ignorance, but what is Roxio? - it sounds familiar but not sure. I have a friend that is having problems with his drive as well (same software and drive - his computer won't read the drive). We're going to trade drives and see how it all works and whether we still get the same problems or not.

I'm still open to any further suggestions cuz' so far nothing has corrected the problem.
Thanks!