View Single Post
Old September 6th, 2008, 03:19 AM
Honor Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by RailMom View Post
Now, marklwood, I'd be interested in your thoughts on customers like myself. Because I've been to bars where the owner has said something because I don't buy ALCOHOL. I've even "accepted" alcoholic drinks from men and passed them over to a friend because I want them to make money. But, soda and food cost money too... so I guess I don't see what the problem is. I understand that more money is made from alcohol, but the mandatory alcohol is a ludicrous rule! What do you think?
I would welcome a customer like you. I have a couple that come in and do exactly what you talk about. They are good for a couple of cokes and a couple of appetizers every time they come in. They don't get drunk and stupid and they respect the bar and the equipment. Even a customer that at least takes care of the waitress is fine by me. It is only the ones who spend no money AND make demands or complain that bother me. I am usually at capacity 4 out of 6 nights a week and it still doesn't bother me. All I really want is for everyone to have a good time. As long as they don't impede that, then everything is A-OK with me.

Edit: Yes, I believe a mandatory alcohol purchase is not only ludicrous, it may be illegal in some states. In Missouri that would be an enticement to drink and would cost me my liquor license.

BTW, I don't drink either. I used to, but I found people who drink tend to make bad decisions when they drink.

Last edited by marklwood; September 6th, 2008 at 03:31 AM.