View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2008, 07:37 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjim View Post
What do you do when one of your rooms starts attracting a crowd of folks who drink water, don't eat and don't tip? (THEY SPEND NO MONEY!) They sure have fun but the room get full and the paying customers have no where to sit.

1. Is it time to start charging by the song?

2. Does the bar start charging $2 or more for a galss of water?

3. Do you pull one of the group members aside and say somthing?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jim
I have used #3 on a few ppl I see all the time, but usually they still don't get it, and don't have anything to spend, and I know the owner knows that too, it's usually the bartenders that get tipped well by "his" regular "big spenders". If they don't get to sing they may not stay or may not return. So you really can't blame the bartender for trying to get the hosts to respect the ppl that "pay" the cover charge and beyond.

Charging by song would never work in this area as the drinkers who already spend enough there would have good right to complain and go elsewhere.

They have bottled water they charge for here, but probably would not charge for water as most places are also serve food where I play and water in a glass is expectd free. It's really tough decisions to make here but the world as we know depends on varaiety, and this is all part of it.

In other posts, I've read complaints about drunks (the ones who pay for being there, the opposites). So I guess you have to have both.