Thread: Contracts
View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2007, 12:29 AM

Use a worksheet with a contract inside of it. Gives them the show they want and me the signed document. They are liable only for $50 to hold their date, an extra $50 if they cancel on that date. All dates booked are negotiable without extra fee if I'm available. The $50 is non refundable to hold their date, but included in the total price. The extra $50 is if I have traveled to their event on the day of the event and it has been cancelled, this I bill them and have not had a refusal the one time it happened. He caught her, the night before. I recently went to officiate a wedding, (I'm ordained) and no wedding and the landowner had no idea, paid me my fee after he informed his son he read his and his girlfriends ceremony and he owed some money. I say make up a worksheet be as professional as possible for your clients but make them sign something for your time and planning their event. Most often it comes across as being a pro with a contract for services that are worth it. I've been told many times I'm the cheapest they found and cannot believe what I give for the money compared to others. Me I'm just trying to make a living and can't believe what others give or should I say don't deliver to undercut me. I charge $70 per hr, five hr min. Then go from there with my other services, such as pictures and officiate the ceremony etc. More than usual I am contracted for all my services, which include lights, smoke, bubbles hula hoops, limbo, karaoke and dj, plus video extras.