View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2002, 01:31 AM

You are Asuming I have not done so

For Whom it may concern, I did not avoid the post at all, when I bought my Karaoke Pro Machine From Dave Cox, He and I talked about this very topic for quite some time and the main purpose of my purchasing the Karaoke Pro Machine was to establish a new way for the budding star to get his or her music distributed, so other people could enjoy it and may be they can be discovered and launch a career.

Because I key their music in on a Karaoke Disc then we distribute them to all of the local KJ's and invite them to play the disc, I do this for free for some of the kids that would like to get their music noticed. We haven't made any one a star, but we have gotten several of them steady work in the local establishments.

As far as illegal file swaping, I don't see anywhere in my post that I even indicated that might be a remote possibility. I am talking about original music of these artist. Not copy-write stuff.

Just because its not something you see in the Karaoke singing doesn?t make it gospel, in my work I travel allot and I have sang Karaoke in about 40 of the states and over a 100 major cities, and if you think pros don't like Karaoke just go to the Las Vegas Karaoke Bars where they use the Karaoke Bars to audition for all of the shows in Las Vegas, Or go to Lynn Andersons, Karaoke Bar in San Diego and sit there in awe as Professional after professional get up and sing. I have been to places like that all over the country.

But Ladies and gentlemen, I made a suggestion based on your own post from last October; I just was not able or aware of the post at that time. I thought what you were talking about was a god idea and felt it warranted a little more attention.

So no, I was not being rude to Dave Cox, my ideas on this subject were discussed with him personally on the telephone one on one. Was using the forum discussed, no it was not. I?m interested in everything MTU does, and its of great interest to me since I represent the company in selling Hoster out here in the west, I would not sponsor or promote anything that could cause the copywrite police to come crashing through the doors.

All that I ask, is if you are going to accuse me of something please give me the courtesy of asking me first If I have taken the proper steps or even mentioned my ideas to the people it could effect. I stand to make a considerable amount of money off of this Hoster product. I would not do anything to foul that up.

I have a strong passion for music, both armature and professional, I can't help it, anyone who wants to try do something positive with music has my support and vote.

George, you are probably one of the most active members of all of the MTU Boards and you have an something to say in most of them and many of your post in the beta testing of Hoster has given me a much better understanding of the product, and I respect the fact that you don't mind speaking you piece, but you are wrong about me, I am a dedicated advocate of MTU.

David