View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2012, 06:59 AM

Re: Hoster 5.06 Bug Reports

Not sure if this is a "bug" related to 5.06 or just an issue in general that could have happened before on other versions, but still something to look at and keep in mind.

I recently installed Hoster on a new computer after an old one crashed. At this venue I permanently install my desktop because it performs other functions throughout the week there unrelated to karaoke. When first configuring the software and numerous settings, I set up the extended display at home and tested everything. Whenever setting up an extended display anywhere, I naturally set up the 2nd desktop so that if it is physically to my left (while looking at my main display), I drag and MOVE the display icon within the Display Settings area in control panel so that it is on the left. That way, when I move my mouse to the left of my desktop, it moves onto the extended desktop as I would look at it. And vice versa.

Here's the problem I just ran across. While setting up my new computer at home, I had my test extended desktop tv/monitor to the left...so set it up so that my extended desktop in the control panel was to the left of the main display. When I got to the venue and hooked it all up, I moved the extended desktop monitor icon to the right side of my main display to coincide with the setup there. Everything worked perfectly fine, except when I open Background Audio. The taskbar would indicate I'd opened it, but I couldn't find the Background Audio folder anywhere! I reset the displays....checked and double checked the changes I was supposed to make and did everything I could think of. I assumed the window was just on my extended desktop.

It turns out, after many hours, it was hiding over to the left of my main desktop. I had to go back into my display settings...move the 2nd display icon over to the left of my main display icon...so that I could drag it over onto my main display...then move the 2nd display icon back over to the right of my main display to coincide with the fact that my extended desktop/tv was actually to the right of my main desktop.

Not sure if this is a bug...or something that can be fixed. And I'm sure there's a simpler way to describe the problem/solution...but figured it was worth sharing. I searched the forum and found no solution when I had the problem, so I'm hoping anyone else can find this to solve the same thing...although I guess it's not too often people move their screens around.