View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryant View Post
I tried to import a disc to my D:\ Drive , which is the plextor writeable one of the two that I have. The E:\ Drive is an older drive that cannot be written to.

When I hit write disc it says the drive is empty, but there is a disc in it (brand new MTU certified one); I did notice that the drive letter that comes up in MS shows E:\Plextor, but my D: drive is the plextor.

I wonder why the actual letter is D:\ but Microstudio sees it as the E: drive, which is really the non writeable one. How do I get MS to state the correct letter of the drive so I can write to drive?
I see the same thing in mine Bryant. Both Hoster and Microstudio are showing the letters reversed. However I had no problem importing a song in Hoster with the reversed letters. I haven't tried anything like that in MS.
You can change the letters in Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Computer Management. There is a heading for Disk Management. Right click on either CD Drive and top item is Change Drive Letter and Paths. Change the first one to something on down (X, Y, Z). Right click on the second drive and change it to what the first one was. Then do the same again with the first drive and change it to what the second drive was. Close the controls and see if it will work now.

Last edited by ddouglass; January 17th, 2009 at 09:11 PM.